Friday, February 28, 2014

Cue the confetti for 2nd birthday party ideas!

My daughter's birthday is the day after Christmas.  Last year we tried to have a party ON her actual birthday, but we were all very sick and had to postpone it.  Even if we hadn't been sick, we discovered that throwing a party on the day after Christmas is difficult and stressful.

So this year, we waited until February, and I'm so glad we did.  I didn't really have a theme, but we used confetti and flowers for decorating.  The invitation had a chalkboard look to it.  It's one of my favorites!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/180193734/cue-the-confetti-birthday-party?ref=shop_home_active_1


I used a photo of Claire on the back.  Yes, she is putting a gummy bear into her mouth . . . they really are the best bribe for getting kids to look at the camera.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/180193734/cue-the-confetti-birthday-party?ref=shop_home_active_1

I included confetti that I punched out of gold and pink tissue paper in each envelope, and then used the rest of it on the tables. 


We catered the dinner through Qdoba and I kept the party decorations super simple because it's been a somewhat stressful winter for us and I'm pregnant with my fourth child . . . I just wasn't up to anything spectacular! I used pink carnations in glass lanterns with the confetti scattered around each bouquet.  Super simple and easy.  It would have been super cheap, too, had I not ordered them for delivery on Valentine's Day!


Side note: Carnations are so underrated.  I worked at a florist for two years in high school, and no one every wanted to give or send carnations because they were considered the "cheap" flower.  But I LOVE them.  There are no thorns to deal with, they last for weeks and weeks, they have a pleasant scent, they come in really vibrant colors and they're inexpensive.  What's not to love?  They make beautiful round boquets and they're tied with tulips for my favorite flower.  Anyway . . . 

I didn't set the table like I usually do, because the pink plates I bought kind of clashed so I thought they'd do better on the buffet table.  Oh, well.  I liked the clean look of the tables, anyway.

The dessert table just had cake, ice cream and cotton candy party favors with printable thank you tags.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/181066029/confetti-thank-you-tags-birthday-party?ref=shop_home_active_1


I think my favorite part of the party decor was this sign, hand drawn by my friend Julie at Blue Heaven Signworks. I sent her details on Claire at 2 years old and she turned it into this masterpiece:



Overall, it was a very simple party, but one of my favorites because of how relaxed it was.


Oh, and here's one of the birthday girl!


Side note: she received those sandals as a gift that day . . . we don't normally let her out of the house in sandals WITH socks on 10 degree days.  Or ever.


OH!  And water bottle labels.  I didn't take a single picture of the water bottles, but matching printable labels are available here.  Click here! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/181053050/confetti-water-bottle-labels-instant

1 comment:

sabina moon said...

entertainment is the part of life. if you want to enjoy your life. you need must enjoy it. we are provide you to chat in online, join with dance club, music, Hollywood Disco, TV show, bar and grill.
Party ideas